Monday, April 30, 2007

Curve Balls...

It's funny how people don't see the writing on the wall because they're so focused on "what they want" and a few years down the road that writing on the wall becomes a palm-slap to the forehead. And then, in those few years, accumulation starts to set it...accumulation of feelings, dogs, jewelry, and the like. Nothing is ever easy.
What I don't like about myself is that I know what the right answer is, but then that part of my brain shuts off and I go do what makes me happy. Selfish? I thought that doing what makes you happy is what it's all about. Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness...that's the way it's supposed to be. I don't like checking in, questions, and the constant reminder that I have to be home at a certain time. I did not know this about myself before I got married...

1 comment:

Debra Davenport said...

Great blog so far, Tony! Thanks for sharing your personal experiences with us -- we all learn from you and from them.

Try to stay cool!!

Dr. D.